Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lemon-Dill Chicken in Citrus White Wine

So this dish just kind of happened. I ate leftovers and Dylan was hungry so I just sort of threw it together and hoped it would turn out ok.. turns out, it was actually pretty decent. =) sometimes I suprise myself. I've been missing out on my cooking since most of my shifts are at night now. =( but when I get to cook it's so much more rewarding. So without further ado:
Lemon Dill Chicken:
Chicken Breast
Pinch of the following: Dill, garlic, ginger, and s+p
About a teaspoon or so of fresh lemon juice
Bake in a 350 degree oven and that's it. (I topped with evoo to make the spices stick a little better and keep the breasts from drying out.)

Citrus White Wine Sauce:
1/2 yellow onion
Clove of fresh garlic
Olive oil
A pinch of the spice mix from the chicken
Butter or oil
White wine of your choice
Fresh lemon and lime juice (about a Tbs each?)
Cook the onions and spices over medium until translucent but not caramelized. Once the onions begin to stick to the pan, deglaze with about 1/4 cup or so of white wine. Let the mixture simmer and add fresh lemon and lime juice. The sauce will start to thicken. (Now's a good time to throw on your noodles.) Once the liquid cooks most of the way down, melt your butter or put in your oil in the pan. Then repeat the wine process with just a little more than a splash. You can add more lemon juice and s+p here as well. Let the whole mixture simmer until you get your desired texture of sauce.
Place the sauce over fresh pasta (or rice) and top with chicken breast and voila.. c'est fin!

I hope some of you get to try this and tell me what you think. I'm really curious to get feedback that's not biased (ahen dylan) haha.
Ok well good luck to all you other aspiring cooks out there. =)
Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment